4.15.2008

Bacon to DIE for

Ok, so I have to get all caught up on my posting, but I wanted to be sure and get this one out of the way. This past weekend was filled with partying (Clif turned the big 3-0) so coming up next is a full re-cap. Before I do that, I have 2 things that I must post about.

Thing 1:

BROWN SUGAR & PEPPER BACON
While watching Emeril Live (I so love the way that man cooks) he did an entire segment on "breakfast for dinner." Aside from his killer omeletts and fruit waffles, he made the most wonderful looking bacon I've ever seen. The next day (Friday) I couldn't help but make this wonderful creation to see if it tasted as good as it looked.

I'll never eat bacon the regular way again.

Recipe:
1/2 cup brown sugar (fresh, not hard and stale)
2 tsp of black pepper
bacon (however many slices you can drown in the sugar will (just about) do

Mix sugar and pepper in a bowl. Dip bacon in mixture. Place bacon on a wire rack, ontop of a cookie sheet. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 6-8 minutes. Enjoy.




5 comments:

Winnie said...

Do you have the recipes for this killer omelett and fruit waffle that you speak of? More importantly, how difficult is it?

I'm thinking to (attempt to) make my husband a yummy breakfast this Saturday. Thank you :)

dapotato said...

i need some of that.

wan said...

i love bacon recipes that don't involve hot bacon grease splattering in my face.

R said...

You had me at bacon. My eyes kind of glazed over after that.

shamsheri said...

THANH LONG RESTAURANT

CUMAICA: ARTESANOS DEL CAFE
ROSEWOOD SAND HILL
BURLINGTON COAT FACTORY
TEDINO'S PIZZERIA & RESTAURANT