12.01.2007

Did you ever know that you're my hero?


Yup, I did it. I entered into this month's CUPCAKE HERO contest, and I'm proud of myself. Not only did I enter into the contest, but I also 'kinda' created my own frosting. Well, I warmed up some cranberries; soaked them in rum (Don Q. to be exact), re-warmed them back up again until they started to juice out onto the pan.
Then I just combined the cranberries to a standard buttercream frosting mix, and WOALA!
I mixed the ingredients for a white cake, for the cupcakes...
Here is the final product. It was hard as 'H-E-double hockey sticks' to pipe through, which is the reason why the weird frosting technique. Maybe next time we use "cranberries" as the secret recipe... I'll leave the cranberries whole.

Anyway... it sure was good to eat; not too sweet and not too tart.

5 comments:

weezermonkey said...

So when are you going to share your new culinary creations with your old Internet pals? ;)

Nanette said...

WOW! That looks amazing!

... said...

Oh, Mrs. Monkey.. you know you can get anything out of me. Just tell me when... and I'm on it!

Julius said...

Your cupcakes look *amazing*. I've never been able to make such perfect looking ones. The frosting is also very inviting. :)

I saw that you read my meme. I updated it slightly after you've seen it because I discovered some mistakes.

Have a great December!!!

Julius from Occasional Baker.

eatme_delicious said...

Your cupcakes rose up so perfectly! The icing reminds me of how frozen yogurt looks. :)