9.10.2007

Recipe-o-THIS-day

Ok, so I love Rachel Ray's new magazine. There is a section where she gives you 7 meals for 7 days, which I love because they're really simple and easy to follow. In last month's magazine she had a recipe for a bacon, sausage and cheese turnover (you know, just like an apple turnover). It looked great and I wanted to try it. I picked up some pastry sheets in the frozen foods section of the grocery store and all the other ingredients.

Well, my husband wanted a 'breakfast' breakfast and then a 'breakfast' dinner all in the same day, which led to me using up what I purchased for this new recipe.

I then just decided to make some good ol apple turnovers from scratch.

Recipe (serving 6)

4 apples (granny smith and/or delicious red)
1/3 cup sugar
2 tsp flour
2 tsp cinammon
1 tsp lemon juice
1 pkg (of a 2 pkg box) pastry sheets; THAWED (but still cold)

preheat oven to 400
core and peel apples (I cut apples in 1/2; then each half into 4 pcs; then cut those pcs in 1/2) sorry if confusing
place apples in bowl
add ingredients
mix up mixture (should look sugary); make sure to mix well
unfold 2 pastry sheets at a time; fold sheets in half
spoon mixture in middle
brush butter on edge (glue)
fold over sheets; form a triangle
brush butter over top; cut off access
fork edges; cut a slit in the top

bake for 17-20 min, or until brown.

No comments: